Gift Ides for Mother's Day & Father's Day
Dad is our super hero who always saves the day. Mom is our confidant and comforter. Both made sacrifices to make sure we became productive members of society. We have a few gift ideas that will help you show them you love and appreciate them this Mothers’/Father’s Day. Mother’s Day: MAY 12 Father’s Day: JUNE 16.
2. This silicone toiletry bag is a practical and unexpected spin on a necessary item. Fill it with your favorite Black Jack items, such as this delicious Blue Mark cologne and Double Header shampoo plus conditioner. Buckelew’s, 1617 Graham St. #101
3. A set of nice cigars are always a great gift for the cigar aficionado, but add in a Vector lighter and a top-of-the-line cutter and you’ve got the perfect gift! The Cigar Shoppe, 5349 Young Barn Rd
4. TakeFlight Tactical Pen. Because the pen is mightier than the sword… these pens have multiple features including bottle opener, window glass breaker, self-defense survival tool and include a great grip and smooth ballpoint. Available on Amazon
5. Not your average Bloody Mary mix, Big Tom Bloody Mary Mix has a cult following of fans that adore this beverage. Just add a splash of vodka and all the hard word is done for you. Buckelew’s, 1617 Graham St. #101
6. Fresh Jax Smoked Organic Spices. From subtle to bold, the rich, smoky flavor of these spices makes any meal a backyard BBQ. Gift set includes: Campfire Smokey Sea Salt, Smokey Southwest, Mesquite Lime Sea Salt, Grill Master, and Smoked Cherrywood Sea Salt. Available on Amazon
7. Because he truly is “man’s best friend,” what better gift to give dad than a commissioned piece of art of his loyal companion. Charley @Whiddon Art, 334.669.0663
8. This RAK Universal Socket Grip, multi-function ratchet wrench power drill adapter fits bolts, nuts, wings and hooks (event worn and damaged) and is a great gift for the handyman in dad. Available on Amazon
1. These cinda b carry-on, rolly and flat iron covers are some of our favorites for overnight trips. Available in a variety of colors and prints. Welle Studio, 501 Cloverdale Rd.
2. Little Barn Apothecary makes the best moisturizers for all skin types. Non-greasy and quickly absorbing, this oil will quiet the mind, calm the nerves, and elevate perception. Available at Leola & Croff, 5251 Hampstead High Street.
3. The benefits of Himalayan Salt are too numerous to count, but you may not know they’re even good for your skin. Mom will love soaking with these bathing stones for smooth and sensuous skin. The Galena Soap Scrubs smell divine and contain only natural ingredients. Vintage Olive, 8101 Vaughn Rd.
4. The Lifetime candles by white river designs are absolutely stunning. Practical and sustainable, they come with fiberglass wicks that never need to be replaced. This gift will be her favorite… we promise. Candle Cabin, 8135 Vaughn Rd.
5. Who doesn’t want to own something unique created by a local artists? These hand painted makeup bags designed by Birmingham Artist Carrie Pittman absolutely fabulous. Leola & Croff, 5251 Hampstead High Street.
6. Mom will love these pieces in her kitchen! All part of the Southern Living line, these marble and copper accented pieces are as functional as they are stylish. Dillard’s, The Shoppes at EastChase.
7. Admit it, our mom still believe in the importance of a handwritten note. Crane makes stylish, yet simple stationery for the traditional or modern woman. Al’s Flowers, 1926 Mulberry Street.
8. Pair a Club Pilates gift certificate with a few other items to get mom motivated for summer! This full-body workout focuses on toning, core strength and flexibility and offers a low-impact workout for all skill levels. Club Pilates, 8143 Vaughn Road or 2940 Zelda Road.