By: Anna Shay Wasden
As the month of July winds down and August quickly approaches, it can be easy to see your summer as almost done. But, don’t let yourself waste away the days in sadness. Instead get out there and savor those last days. Make memories, meet someone new, and do not be afraid to change your course. Mark Twain once said “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” What better mantra to remind yourself to experience everything you possible can?
Here are a few of our favorite ways to experience life to its fullest in the coming weeks:
- Explore your city.
- Learn five phrases in another language.
- Plant a new flower in your garden.
- Send a card to a friend.
- Plan a day trip to somewhere you have never been.
- Try out a new form of exercise.
- Try eating somewhere alone.
- Find a mentor.
- Learn to cook a new meal.
- Volunteer at a local nonprofit.